IAKP KAMBÔ PRIVATE TRAININGS
This is a personal invitation to participate in the International Association of Kambo Practitioners Training program 2021. The IAKP offers Basic Kambo Practitioner Private Trainings. This unique course will cover both traditional indigenous and modern western Kambô practices.
What is a PRIVATE TRAINING
The IAKP Private Trainings are an alternative to the larger groups. They can be organized as one-on-one courses, or in small groups of up to 4 students. If you have any others that are interested in joining the class, everyone would save considerably on training fees. The course can be done in 10 to 12 days and can be taught in English or Spanish. The teacher is bilingual and the manuals can be printed in both languages.
Private trainings can be organized at any time throughout the year and everywhere, depending on the availability of the teacher and students.
Advantages of Private Training:
- Personal attention: In private training the teacher is able to note areas of struggle and give individual-specific assistance.
- Pursue individual interests: Since there are no other students, more time can be invested in specific subjects of interest.
- Instruction based on learning styles: Every student learns a different way. Some are aural, some are visual, some are hands-on, etc. In a group setting its hard to offer such individually tailored instruction to everyone… but in private training it is much easier.
- You can ask the teacher for as much correction and as many explanations as you want without worrying about the other students in the class.
- You can go at your pace – if it’s too fast, slow down! Too slow? Speed up!
- The advantage of larger vs smaller groups is that there is less opportunity to experience other people’s processes and limited group interaction.
BENEFITS of BECOMING an IAKP CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER
By becoming a member of the International Association of Kambo Practitioners, you will join a family of almost 500 practitioners who are there to support you and you will have access to the most complete database of information. Successful completion of the course will entitle you to automatic membership of the International Association of Kambo Practitioners, iakp.org, and as part of your membership, your name will be listed in the Worldwide Practitioner website list free the first year. You will have everything that you need to start treating clients immediately although we recommend that you work one-on-one until you are ready to take on circle work.
- You have read the contraindications and are able to safely take Kambô.
- You are experienced with Kambo and feel a strong call to work with it.
- You should have taken Kambo at least 6-10 times before the course starting date.
- You are sufficiently physically and emotionally fit to do the work.
- You have never been diagnosed with a serious mental health disorder (excluding depression and anxiety).
- You are able to put yourself into service and adopt a mindset of gratitude and humility when working with Kambô.
- You have or are prepared to attend a basic first aid course.
- You make every effort to contact an IAKP practitioner near you and attend and assist at one of their circles.
- You understand that if you are found not to meet the pre-requisites during the course you will be asked to leave at your own expense and without refund.
- You understand that all course materials remain the property of the IAKP at all times. On successful completion of the course, we agree that you make take the course materials to support your future practice provided that you respect the copyright of all documents.
Please do not take BUFO or IBOGA at least 8 weeks before the training. Practitioners across the IAKP have experienced negative outcomes when Kambo is taken too soon after a Bufo or Iboga ceremonies and as you will be taking Kambo a number of times during the training we do not want to run that risk.
The course is packed and intensive; there will be 10 to 12 very full teaching days, sometimes with just half a day off in the middle. On the final day, there will be a practical and written assessment.
The course will cover:
- The origins of Kambo
- Traditional and modern uses
- The science behind Kambo
- The Kambo Circle
- Using Rapé and Sananga
- Burn and point setting techniques
- Traditional treatments
- Layering treatments
- Intensive and Long Term treatment
- Kambo and Meridians
- Kambo with Chakras and Marma Points
- Specialized Kambo Treatment and Example Protocols
- The Basics of Auricular Kambo
- Contraindications, Warning Signs, Problem Solving, Kambo First Aid
- Connecting and communicating with the Spirit of Kambo
- Holding space and boundaries
- Kambo Songs and Prayers
- Working with Rattles and Smoke
- The Kambo Practitioner – Role and responsibilities
- The IAKP – Code of Practice
COST, TERMS and CONDITIONS
- The cost of the training includes materials, food, and accommodation for the duration of the training.
- A non- refundable deposit is payable at the time of booking to secure the dates.
- You must pay the balance of the total cost at least 60 days before the start day of the course.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer, Transferwise, Paypal or Venmo. The payer is responsible for all transfer fees and all payments must be in US Dollars, British Pounds or Euros. Full details for bank transfer will be given upon request.
- Please note that all initial deposits are non-refundable
- All other fees are refundable minus any expense that might have incurred until the moment of cancelation (eg. teacher’s flight, venue cancelation fees, etc).
- In case of cancellations in a group of 2 to 4 students, the cost will have to be re-adjusted to the new number and its according cost.
- If the course needs to be re-scheduled by the student or student group, they will cover any re-scheduling venue and/or flight fees.
- If there is a last-minute cancelation due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, I will make every effort to transfer you to another date, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
Private trainings can be held worldwide. I live in Perú, any expense for traveling out of the country will be added to the cost of the course. See below some of the available locations.
FOOD and ACCOMMODATION
A venue with enough space, privacy, and if possible surrounded by nature, will be rented for the duration of the training. Rooms and bathrooms might have to be shared among students if necessary.
Three meals will be served a day. Snacks and tea will be available at all times. All food will be lovingly prepared and cooked on-site using fresh local ingredients. It will mostly be served buffet style and will be vegetarian although vegans and other special diets can be catered for. Please let me know about your dietary needs and/or restrictions as soon as possible.
If you prefer to provide appropriate accommodation for the training, we could consider it into the total cost of the course as long as the following considerations are taken:
- The location has enough space for all the students.
- The location is safe, clean and well maintained.
- The location is private and with low noise levels.
- The teacher and any other staff will need their own private space for sleeping and meetings.
- Any domestic pets/animals will need to be kept away during ceremonies for safety reasons.
- There is close access to a bathroom at the same level (no stairs) of the ceremony space.
- Music, rattling, drumming and other noises might be produced. Be sure no one will be surprised or disturbed by it.
- Smudging (burning Sage and other sacred plants) is necessary during the training. Make sure there are no sensitive smoke detectors that might get triggered.
- An accessible kitchen area to prepare three meals a day and herbal infusions throughout the day.
HOW do I APPLY?
- Check that you don’t have any contraindications to safely receive Kambô.
- Make sure you meet up with all the pre-requisites.
- Contact José Luis del Solar email@example.com, WhatsApp +1 (917) 3183614 to find out about availability.
- Pay the deposit.
- Instructions on payment method will be provided upon request.
- Once you join the training, you will receive information on how to prepare, etc
The course will be taught by José Luis del Solar.
José Luis del Solar is an IAKP Master Kambo practitioner with years of experience working in California, Lima, and the Amazon rainforest of northern Peru. His mission as a practitioner is to make this traditional medicine reach less privileged sectors of the population.
José Luis has always shown great interest in the different traditional healing methods of the world and practices different therapies. He has trained in the use of native plants with different curanderos in Peru, his homeland.
As part of his training, José Luis has followed the path of the IAKP teacher program. His intention is to teach the practice Kambo in the safest and most comprehensive way possible and thus/in this way strengthen our community and the acceptance of the general public to this medicine.