IAKP KAMBÔ PRACTITIONER TRAINING PROGRAM
Cashibococha, Ucayali – Perú
July 4 to 19, 2023
This is an invitation to participate in the International Association of Kambo Practitioners Training Program 2023. The IAKP offers the Basic Kambo Practitioner Training, covering traditional indigenous and modern western Kambô practices and an opportunity to meet the Kambo frog. This course will be taught in English and will take fifteen days, meeting on the afternoon of July 4 and ending on July 19 early evening. The location is by the beautiful Lake Cashibococha in the Peruvian jungle of Ucayali.
BENEFITS of BECOMING an IAKP CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER
By becoming a member of the International Association of Kambo Practitioners, you will join a family of almost 500 practitioners who are there to support you, and you will have access to a complete database of information. Successful completion of the course will entitle you to automatically become a member of the International Association of Kambo Practitioners, iakp.org. As part of your membership, your name will be listed on the Worldwide Kambo Practitioner List free for the first year. You will have everything you need to start treating clients immediately.
The course is packed and intensive; there will be fifteen full teaching days with a partial day off in the middle. On the final day, there will be a practical and written assessment.
THE COURSE WILL COVER:
The origins of Kambo
Traditional and modern uses
The science behind Kambo
The Kambo Circle
Using Rapé and Sananga
Burn and point setting techniques
Intensive and Long Term treatments
Kambo and Meridians
Kambo with Chakras and Marma Points
Specialized Kambo Treatment and Example Protocols
The Basics of Auricular Kambo
Contraindications, Warning Signs, Problem Solving, Kambo First Aid
Connecting and communicating with the Spirit of Kambo
Holding space and boundaries
Kambo Songs and Prayers
Working with Rattles and Smoke
The Kambo Practitioner – Role and responsibilities
The IAKP – Code of Practice
In this course, we will be including two workshops that will complement your undergoing basic practitioner training. We will be preparing our own Sananga from fresh roots flown from Iquitos, and we’ll camp in the jungle to attempt to catch a glimpse of the Phyllomedusa Bicolor frog.
MEET THE KAMBO FROG
As a complementary experience during your training, we will be travelling into the jungle and camping in a maloca in an area inhabited by gigantic old trees. This land has been terraformed with large bodies of water, creating the ideal habitat for the Phyllomedusa Bicolor frog. The training is organized during the rainy season to increase the possibility of meeting with the frogs. However, being wild animals, we do not keep them in captivity, so we can’t guarantee that they will be in sight.
There is no traditional native practice of extracting the Kambo secretion in Pucallpa. Because we do not like to encourage the illicit collection of frog secretion and/or the mishandling of wild animals, we will not demonstrate how the frog is milked.
Sananga is the name given to eye drops used by some indigenous Amazonian peoples, most notably the Matsés, Ticuna, Huni Kuin, and Yawanawá tribes. It is a powerful plant medicine often used alongside Kambo. As part of our training, we will be offering a workshop where we will be learning how to prepare our own Bechete, the Matsés version of Sananga. We procure freshly shaved roots from the Tabernaemontana Undulata bush and prepare different intensities of medicine to try during the course.
OPTIONAL (but recommended):
- You make every effort to contact an IAKP practitioner near you and attend and assist at one of their circles.
- You have or are prepared to attend a basic first aid course.
- You have read the contraindications and are able to safely take Kambô.
- You are experienced with Kambo and feel a strong call to work with it.
- You should have taken Kambo at least 6-10 times before the course starting date.
- You are sufficiently physically and emotionally fit to do the work.
- You have never been diagnosed with a serious mental health disorder (excluding depression and anxiety).
- You are able to put yourself into service and adopt a mindset of gratitude and humility when working with Kambô.
BUFO ALVARIUS & IBOGA:
Please do not take BUFO or IBOGA at least eight weeks before the training. Practitioners across the IAKP have experienced negative outcomes when Kambo is taken too soon after a Bufo or Iboga ceremonies and as you will be taking Kambo a number of times during the training we do not want to run that risk.
Please understand that if you are found not to meet the prerequisites during the course, you might be asked to leave at your own expense and without a refund.
Our training will take place in Cashibo Eco Lodge, a small, privately owned, eco-friendly resort located by the beautiful lake Cashibococha, surrounded by nature, providing a unique experience and connection with the forest that will complement beautifully with Kambo.
COST, TERMS and CONDITIONS
- The all-inclusive cost of the 15 days Kambo Practitioners Intensive training is US$ 3,200. This includes materials, food, and accommodations for the duration of the training.
- A US$ 500 non-refundable deposit is payable when booking to secure your place. Due to the high level of interest in this course, it is a strictly first-come, first-served system.
- You must pay the balance of US$2,700 before June 1st, 2023.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer (US bank account), Western Union, Wise, Zelle, Paypal, or Venmo. The payer is responsible for all transfer fees, and all payments must be in US Dollars. Full details for bank transfers will be given upon request.
- Please note that all initial deposits are non-refundable. All other fees are refundable until four weeks before the course start date. After that, and if you cannot attend, we will make every effort to transfer you to another course; however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- You understand that all course materials remain the property of the IAKP at all times. Upon successful completion of the course, we agree that you make take the course materials to support your future practice, provided that you respect the copyright of all documents.
- You recognize that you will not be allowed to teach any materials or share information learned during the course.
HOW do I APPLY?
- Make sure you meet up with all the prerequisites and do not have any contraindications.
- Contact José Luis del Solar at WhatsApp +1 (917) 3183614 / email email@example.com to find out about availability.
Due to the high interest in these courses, we recommend that you secure your place as soon as possible with the deposit. Instructions on available payment methods will be provided upon request. Once you join the group and the training date approaches, you will receive information on how to prepare, travelling options, what to bring, enrolling on the IAKP website etc.
The course will be taught by José Luis del Solar and Eduardo Huerta.
José Luis is an IAKP Master Kambo practitioner with years of experience working in California, Lima, and the Amazon rainforest of northern Peru. His mission as a practitioner is to make this traditional medicine reach less privileged sectors of the population.
José Luis has always shown great interest in the different traditional healing methods of the world and practices different therapies. He has trained in the use of native plants with different curanderos in Peru, his homeland.
As part of his training, José Luis has followed the path of the IAKP teacher program. His intention is to teach the practice of Kambo in the safest and most comprehensive way possible and thus strengthen our community and the acceptance of the general public to this medicine.
Eduardo is a Kambo Teacher certified by the IAKP. Eduardo is a Reiki Master , Medium and Ayahuasca facilitator. He continues to cultivate his gifts in various healing modalities in Mexico, the United States, South America, and Europe.
“Eduardo has many years of experience teaching various subjects at a university level, as well with young people and children. His mission as Kambo Practitioner is to support and empower his clients to maintain or recover their well-being in body, mind, and spirit.
Eduardo’s mission as a Kambo Teacher, is to offer an integral, complete, and safe training cultivating humility, assertiveness, knowledge, and connection with the spirit of Kambo in his students.”